Thursday, May 05, 2005

Neat Story

Something really cool happened to me yesterday. I was driving in my car about 6 o'clock in the morning in the small town I grew up in. I saw a robin standing on the side of the road, just standing there....I thought it strange that he wasn't doing the normal "robin" things, running and hopping away from the traffic. Have you ever noticed that robins are great runners? So I went by him and then turned around and went back. I slowly pulled up next to him and again he just stood there, I had my window down so I said to him, "what's going on little one?" He just stood there and looked at me! I opened my car door, still just stood there, walked over to him, just stood still, so I bent down and picked him up!! I held him , talked and soothed him, checked his body and wings. He looked fine, no bleeding or anything. I figured he was shock. I cradled him in my arm and got back in the car. When I was driving away I saw a dead female laying just ahead of him, oh his mate? His mother? So he went on the road with me, I had more of my work to finish up. I carried him in my left arm and continued working with my right! I told him he was going to be alright and things were going to be fine. So after about 15 minutes I put him on the passenger seat next to me and still was just talking to him. Me and Robin just hanging out on a sunny morning! Well all of a sudden he panicked! "OMG!!! What am I doing in this car with this woman???" Quickly I slowed down, scooped him up and brought him out to the country fence I was passing. "Here ya go little man, you'll be fine now." The little Robin man did not fly away, he jumped off the bottom rung of the wooden fence and RAN away from me!!! :)

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, May 06, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Cool Lisa....it looks like you figured out your problem with changing your URL name! :) Talk to you soon!

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home