Tuesday, May 17, 2005

America

Am I the only one who is upset with our foreign policy? OMG!! If anything else happens I think I will scream!!!! First, the insane rantings of our president leads us to attack a nation, now over 2 years later, still killing innocent people, bombing the hell out of Iraq. The whole idea that "they" must live like us is so un American it is pathetic!!! I was taught that America was land of the free, home of the brave, is it brave to attack another nation? Now with the prison scandals coming out left and right....OMG I am so upset with our Armed Forces. I was never a big fan of the forces, never would sign myself up or even encourage someone too, but I have seen some great documentaries on PBS about troops is Iraq. I began to see that they are just young men and woman trying to fight for their lives, they didn't really choose to go to Iraq, it was assigned to them. But I am so torn, you see the little magnets on everyone's car "Support the Troops" How can I support them? They are so wrong with their actions.

I was in a chatroom the other night, the topic came up about NYers being arrogant, I took offence because I am a NYer. Then of course the bad names about "Yanks" Well to the rest of the world we are all Yanks, all Americans are Yanks no matter what state you live in. When I pointed this out I was bombarded with statement like...."who cares what the rest of the world thinks?" OMG!!!!!!!! I wanted to scream........You are the ones being Arrogant!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, May 17, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

You know what one of my HUGE pet peeves is??? When people say "San Antone"...that drives me frickin nuts!!! It's SAN ANTONIO, damn it! LOL

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home