Thursday, May 12, 2005

Lorenzo

He was born in a hospital in December 2004 and abandoned hours later. His mother knew she couldn't do it, she was smart and brave, she didn't take the easy way out, putting him in a trash dumpster after his birth.

Now: Cut to my sister, who is 5 years younger than myself, had one baby 10 years ago, a growing wonderful boy but no longer a baby! "I really want another baby, Lisa"- she would say to me. That strong urge, the calling of your womb that can not be silenced. I was in a different place, I had two kids that kept me spinning, but I would encourage her, look into adoption, look into foster care. Adoption-way to expensive, foster care yes! So she took the classes, she allowed them to come into her home for their approval visits. She put down on her application, I am willing to take 1 month olds to three years old, then she prayed. Prayed and waited, waited and prayed, one year later she got the call, a little 7 month old boy needs a home. A little brown skinned beauty, with a huge smile. The day she picked him up I was at her home. I walked in saw him and said, "well hello little one" The biggest smile of gums you could imagine!! He is Latino, we are white, she hears "Whose baby is this??" ALL the time! She smiles and answers, He is mine!!! The steps of final adoption are in place.
The greatest gift to our entire family! A blessing of great proportion! This little gem of a boy has transformed her family, her 10 year old is the big brother and LOVES it! My kids are so happy to have a new cousin and of course I am the proudest Auntie!!!

Now: A note to his birth mother.......
Thank You so much! Thank you for knowing you could not do it, thank you for realizing that he could have a better life with someone else, thank you for this wonderful gift to our family!!
We love him so much!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home