Monday, October 17, 2005

My Angel

I am not sure how she knew, but my oldest sister came through for me in such a big way yesterday!!!! As I had mentioned I had a rough week (last week)

I get a call from her on Saturday and she said, I have a small gift for you, it's not anything big but it's a surprise and it's for you! I think you will really like it!

I almost cried on the phone with her! I told her, I've had such a rough week, can't believe you are even calling! She said, "you wanna know what it is?" I said, no- let it be a surprise!

It was a wonderful votive candle holder with 2 boxes of Party Lite candles! Wild Blueberry and Spicy Apple! These candles are not cheap! They burn beautifully though, each votive burns for 12 hours and the smell!!!!!!!?????

I was so happy yesterday, watching the NFL and burning my new candles! I made some great turkey soup with fresh baby peas and spinach! Fresh bread & butter, yummy soup and my house filled with great scents!! I hope this is a start of a great week for all!

5 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

MMMMMmmmmm I burn essential oils and Body Shop has some nice blends.. my favourite is pumkin nectarine which just fits so well this time of year! :)

Gotta love nice smells ... they just lift your whole spirit!

Hugs

Julie

 
At 1:36 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Isn't it amazing how those that truly love you always know when you need a little uplifting? It is so great that you got those candles. I know that you will enjoy them. Better days are ahead, Lisa. Keep your head up...

Love you,
Sarah

 
At 5:17 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Kate said...

I have a feeling this week will be much better for you !!! I love sweet gifts for no reason. Nothing is better than someone thinking of you and you certainly deserve it!

 
At 10:56 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger author said...

oh how wonderfully sweet !
Happy week for you !

 
At 7:59 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Karen said...

what perfect timing by your sweet sister :)
I love candles too. I had a bayberry one last year that was sooooo nice that I burned it all the time. now I am currently in love with a clove scented one.
here's to a good week for everyone !
hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home