Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Doing Well

All is well on my end! I worked for the production company for two days and it is a lot of fun! Yes, a lot of work, hauling and loading boxes and supplies needed to make a room look beautiful, but I work with some great people and they are all not afraid to work hard and get the job done! We spent most of the day at the Syracuse Convention Center yesterday while there was a horse show going on! I got to see the Budweiser Clydesdales!!!
OMG!!! These are some beautiful, wonderful BIG horse creatures!!!
I also had a HUGE flower arrangement to make in a big urn! Listen to this....I used 4 dozen standard roses, 2 dozen tea roses, 25 snapdragons, lisiathums, daisy poms and mini carns too!! It was done all in fall colors and it was so big! I have to get into a different mindset to work here. In florist they are always checking to make sure you get all the money for EACH flower!! This place is so different, make it BIG, use all you can, and make it WOW!!!! This is going to be fun!

4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, November 02, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

It sounds like you are having a blast!!!! Good for you! I kick myself for not taking horticulture in HS; I really wish that I could make flower arrangements!

The Budweiser Clydesdales are beautiful, aren't they? I think that people, including myself, underestimate the size of those horses until you see them up close! WOW! They stand so tall!

Hugs to you, and keep up the great work!

Love,
Sarah

 
At 1:12 AM, November 03, 2005, Blogger Nancy said...

Your new job sound awesome. Nice to work some place that is not pinching every penny! I bet the arrangement was gorgeous. I am glad you are having fun Lisa.

 
At 12:50 PM, November 03, 2005, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

That sounds like SO much fun!!!!

Enjoy the new challenges :)

Hugs

 
At 5:31 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger Karen said...

that sounds great !
having to watch the pennies in most shops really cuts down on creativity. so many designers wish for the kind of arrangements you are doing.
how cool.
hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home