Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Banana Bread

At my house there was almost an entire bunch of banana's that no one had ate that were turning brown by the second! So I made sure I picked up some quick bread mixes at the store and some chocolate chips! So as soon as my kids see the mixes they ask, "are you going to make the banana bread? Can we make the banana bread?" Sure, go ahead.

So they are smashing the banana's in the bowl, they both want a turn to smash!! Then getting all the ingredients together, my 10 yr old was reading the muffin recipe and put in too many eggs! Don't worry, they'll be fine! My 14 yr old spilled in the entire bag of chips, she was supposed to only use half a bag! They fight over who gets to pour the batter in the pan! I tell them, Calla can pour half, then Ricky can finish it up! We get it in the oven to bake....Then the "I get the first piece" starts!!! I assure them they can both have a piece at the same time!!!!!

So we wait to let it cool, and finally, daddy cuts into it. All the chips have melted and sank to the bottom to give it a two layered cake look! "Oh man, that looks weird. We didn't do it right"

Does it taste good? I ask, YES! Did you have fun making it? YES!! Then there is nothing weird about it! Sweet Succes! Eat and Enjoy!

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Karen said...

I am craving banana bread now :)
guess I'll be baking tonight !
hugs,
Karen

 
At 2:47 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Mmmm gonna make some banana bread with Sarah tonight... Hope the interview goes well :D

Hugs

Julie

 
At 6:46 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

I have a killer banana bread recipie that I love to make from time to time. Our elderly friend that passed, Lowell, LOVED my banana bread. Thanks for the fond memories!

Love,
Sarah

 
At 9:13 AM, October 27, 2005, Blogger author said...

yumm !!
what a great mom you are.
I too now want banana bread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home