Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Good News!

I have been eating well and feeling so much better
Now I see I have lost a whole size!!! My appetite
has gone way down! I eat several small "meals" a day,
sometimes this is just a nice yogurt and fruit, or even fruit alone.
I am still loving my salads, I have been having them nearly
everyday! I am planning my "quit day" for smoking too!
I know I need to stop this bad habit and must let it go!

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. This is a hormonal
imbalance, effecting woman's periods and fertility.
I was very lucky and fortunate to have two children
as one doctor told me I am not ovulating at all.

One of the horrible things that comes with PCOS
is facial hair. Not just the stray hair on your chin!
I'm talking I if I left it alone, I could grow a beard.
YUUUK!
It has been a uphill battle with this for sure! I have
tried everything from waxing, too tweezing, Nair and
even shaving!

I did some research on this condition and found that
there is a cream that you can use to help slow the growth.
It is called Vaniqa and it is available with a prescription.
I was at the doctors yesterday and he gave me a sample
tube, plus a prescription for it! I am to use it twice daily and
should see results in about 8 weeks! I figured, the 8 weeks is
going to go by anyways! I might as well try to bring some
relief to this problem in the mean time!

This has really effecting me, I am not sure if you can relate
but woman are not supposed to have facial hair!
I'll let you know the results, but I am excited to at
least be doing something other than 'grooming' the area!

2 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, June 28, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Lisa,
Words can not tell you how very proud of you I am ! It is so hard to loose weight, to change your diet, etc, when you are in such a funk. But after a while, things get easier, and when you see the great results, you know that your battle was worth everything!!! I am ESTATIC for you that you have lost a whole size!!! That is awesome, and such a great feeling, too, huh?!? Best wishes to you in all you do, Lisa! I KNOW you can do it!!!

Love you,
Sarah

 
At 4:08 AM, June 29, 2005, Blogger Kate said...

You ROCK Lisa! Way to have a great attitude. A friend of mine has the facial hair issue also. Doesn't stop her(or you)from being a sexy mama! But I know she is very sensitive about it so I will tell her there is hope! Look at you.. healing others across the U.S.. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home