Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Two Cents

I have been reading so many people's view about Tom Cruise lately, I decided I should say my peace.

Mental health issues are so touchy. I am speaking from direct experience of having to come to grips that my brain just does not work right. I shared before that I have dealt with depression and that I suffered for many years. I lived many years in this- reject the whole psychiatry/doctor delusion and it didn't go well. So many years I felt like I was on a ladder with the rungs kicked out and I could not get a grip on my emotions. I sought help through the only way I knew and did not find any answers.

When I was finally able to break free from my cultic mindsets, I was able to see a change towards the positive in my life. I went to therapy, I was put on medicine and I was able to start sorting through this life I had created. I felt like I lived in repair mode with my children for years when I was able to get on the meds. No more short fuse, no more emotionally unavailable, I was present and feeling better.

Then of course the bottom drops out again. I realize after being depressed for several months, Hey, Lisa, this is depression. This is why you are thinking those loathing thoughts about yourself, this is why you are trying to figure out a way to do yourself in with out too much damage.

I was so sad, I was pathetic! I would write in my journal I am depressed that I got depressed again!!!!!!! You see depression tricks you, and I could not see it, and my husband could not recognize it either.

So another process starts....... I said to myself, You did your therapy, you got on the meds and you still got depressed. I talked to my doctor, "some people have stay on the meds for life, some people struggle with it forever."

That was when I had to accept that my brain does not work right. I have found that traumatic events in childhood actually changes your brain. So yes, it is a chemical imbalance.

Seeking help was so hard for me, and TC's comments do not help people. These comments have set back mental health issues by at least 25 years. The mind set of pull your self up by the bootstraps of the 50's does not work.

It's scary to see someone explode before your eyes, because Tom Cruise is living in delusion, he really believes that he knows what he is talking about!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, July 01, 2005, Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

Coming from someone who is on three meds and probably will be for life, THANKS. :) I really hate being looked at cross-eyed simply cause my brain chemicals seem to want to play differently. I can function just fine, thank you very much. I just need a med to make that happen.

And ya know, I applaud Brooke for being so open. That, and much worse, happens a lot. If you ask me, Tom is the one with bigtime problems. Did you see him on Oprah? He was more whacked that Jim Carrey, and at least he knows he is. And makes some really funny films cause of it. :)

Anyway, liked the post.

 
At 6:08 PM, July 01, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

You speak for a lot of us, too, Lisa.

I am SO glad that Brooke finally said something. Perhaps she was saving the moment for the perfect score, huh? We have determined that we will not support him in any way by watching any of his movies, etc. For shame, for shame...HE is the one who really needs help!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home