Saturday, May 21, 2005

Crystal Gems

I have always loved gems, I mean what girl doesn't? They are colorful and sparkle!! I think I have found my favorite recently.

The Herkimer Diamond, it was formed millions of years ago in Upstate New York, about 2 hours from where I live. I took my kids there to mine for them and we had a blast! Herks are crystal quartz stones that are formed with double termination, meaning when they were formed they are actually in the shape of a cut diamond! You have to pound rocks open to find the little gems, or at the mines you can even find them on the ground!

They say that they are a healing crystal, they give and take because of their pointed shape. I am not sure of any power they hold, but do know I am certainly captivated by them. I have been searching and buying them like crazy lately!! I love to look at them, run my hand over them and see them sparkle like stars! I thought I had lost my little bag of them last night and was almost in tears!! So who knows, maybe they do hold some kind of power?

They shine so bright I was inspired and decided to use them in my art work.

These are sun catchers, I have made several and tell the person:

This is so the moon and stars are watching over you at all times!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home