Monday, June 06, 2005

Oh Boy!

Ok I've done it! I've gone and made myself sick! For many years I have eaten anything I have every wanted whenever! I've had no regards to putting on weight, loosing my chin and gaining a second and third. Now the topper comes and my colon can no longer stand it!!!! It has been strained and has pouches that are infected........ouch!!!!!

So I have had a mind change! A major one at that! You are what you eat Lisa and it has come to bite me in the ass- OH MY!!! Ok lets see now, add fruits and veggies to your diet and stop the high fat foods. Ok I can do this, but what do I do about the emotional eating?

Last August something really horrible happened to my family, I dealt with it they way I have always deal with pain and anguish-I ate! Ben and Jerry's became my best friends, I would buy them two at a time and polish off one a night! I can not believe I am confessing this!!! My family knew, my son said to me, "Momma you always put the top back into the carton after you are done, you don't put the top back on, you squish it down inside like you have conquered it!!" He is a smart boy! yes I would conquer food, turn to it when I was sad, and happy. So now I must confront this, I must work out this thing that has control of me and stop killing myself with food.

Mental note to self:
Food is not my friend
Food does not heal emotions
Food is not the answer

1 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, June 06, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

I am proud of you for making better eating decisions, Lisa. Things all heal with time. I am behind you 200% !

Love ya,
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home