Friday, September 30, 2005

Fall

I love this time of year. It is getting cooler so I can cook! I have been making soups, tomato and zucchini over pasta, greens and beans and Mexican food too. There is something about coming home and having food cooking on the stove that makes my husband soooo happy! He walks in smiles and says, "Something smells good!!!"

I made Minestrone soup for the first time last week and it was delicious! (If I do say so myself!)
I had never made it before but figured it couldn't be that hard. I used chicken broth, canned whole tomatoes, green beans, pink and black beans, carrots, zucchini, onion and fresh baby peas. I also found some baby corn that I chopped up and threw in there too. It was very yummy! By the time I had it all together I could not believe how much soup I had! I gave some to my parents, I'm not good at freezing!!!

Not sure what has gotten into me, but I have been thinking about what I want to cook, making sure I have it all in the house and cooking! I used to do ALL the cooking for years and years, but for the last few years my husband has kinda taken over the cooking. I am really enjoying cooking though, I will make chicken soup almost every week now. I remember trying to get my hubby to just eat soup for dinner. He was like, "This is it???" Now I make sure I have fresh bread in the house when I make soup and everyone is full! At Thanksgiving time I can find turkey broth so I will make turkey soup and put chopped spinach in it, oh that is very yummy!

Sundays is football and sauce, a family tradition that has been continued for years.

What have you all been cooking?

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Great minds must think alike, hun! I made chicken tortilla soup for dinner last night! I cook a lot more too in the winter. It is easier to do when you are not sweating over a hot stove from the summer heat! LOL

Hope that you have a great weekend. Love ya!

Sarah

 
At 9:37 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger SassyFemme said...

It's still too hot here to want to cook much. Up until yesterday we'd been in the 100's for days! Still doing just quick stir-fry type things, not wanting to heat up the oven and heat up the house.

 
At 10:53 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I confess, I've dusted off the crock pot and made my famous chicken stew.. was soo yummy and ever yummier the next day when I had leftovers for lunch :)

Also made some orange nut muffins and some pina colada muffins... they didn't last long ;)

Hugs

Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home