Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happy Holidays!

Well I surveyed my working three jobs since October!!! I am no longer doing my paper route and feel like a different person being able to sleep the whole night through!!!!!!

I worked last week at the flower shop and those girls are such a trip!!!! I had so much fun working with them!!! We laughed our asses off while we rocked out hundreds of flower arrangements!!! I have to toot my own horn right now, the owner got three calls about beautiful arrangement and when she went back and found the orders my initials were on all three!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! It is so easy to call when there is a problem, but to call when you are happy is rare, she got THREE calls for happy customers!!! This woman who owns the shop is a great girl, I was happy to work hard for her, she wants her stuff to look great, no faded flowers, make sure you give them their moneys worth, is so refreshing, and not the norm!!! She catered in great food for us, and one night told everyone, find a container you want, use the flowers you like to fill it and take it out tonight!!!!!!! In all my years working at flower shops NO ONE has ever done that, not ONE boss has ever told me to make my own flower arrangement for free and take it home! I made a sweet flower arrangement in a wooden train with a caboose (the arrangement in the caboose) I brought it to my mother in law. I have given her fresh flowers every Christmas since I have been married! Even if I was not working at a florist I would buy one! I had to keep up the tradition!!!!! She is a sweetie and loved it too!!!

I bought Rick a meat grinder, sausage maker, and he made fresh Italian Sausage yesterday and I had a half of link, it is very yummy!!! I was afraid to eat more than that, I have been feeling good and do not want to set off anything in my digestive system!!!
I made a wonderful basket full of three kinds of honey, British tea, hot chocolate, chi tea and truffles for my parents, it was a big hit! My Dad loves honey!
I had a really good Christmas this year, I was so happy when I was able to find the things that my family wanted and loves!!!
I have had some really hard holidays so this was so wonderful! My Teddy Bear tree is full and still twinkling!

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Oh Lisa!!! How wonderful!!!! That is so awesome that 3 people all called to thank for the flower arangements that YOU made!!! Woohoo!!!!!! If you make flower arangements as pretty as you paint, I know that they are all gorgeous!!! :)

I am so happy to hear that you had such a lovely Christmas! Keep on blogging, girl, I miss you in blogland!

Love you!!!

Sarah

 
At 1:29 AM, December 28, 2005, Blogger Nancy said...

Congrats on the kudos. You are right, so many people call to complain, but to take a moment to call for a compliment is a very huge deal. You should be proud! Good for you.

I am happy that you had such a happy Christmas Lisa and that you are getting some sleep too!

 
At 7:15 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

that is terrific--and trust me saying that because I work in the floral industry and know that when a customer calls it is usually a complaint, not a compliment !
good for you girl !
hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home