Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My comments levels have gone way down.....I know people are busy with school starting and their lives, but it makes me wonder if what I have said has offended. I don't mind, be offended, maybe it will change you, maybe it will make you think and this nation can get back to what it supposed to be.

A nation of the people, for the people.

I just finished watching Oprah and am numb. We all can be so upset with FEMA, yes, I agree. We can all be upset with Bush, yes, I agree. But more importantly I think we need to wake up America. I know the American people have huge hearts, they rise to help in any kind of disaster- make it natural or manmade. I applauld our giving, or responding, but why must it take something like this to shed light on how fucked up this nation is?

In 2000 we could say that, oh well we didn't elect him, the Supreme Court did. Shying away from our responsibilities, I am very guilty of this. But now, we have re-elected him, we have let him put idiots into important authorities. We have let him spend our money on a senseless war, taking away our ability to help our people here at home. We have stuck our head in the sand long enough. Stand up, make your voice be heard. Demand answers, demand the people responsible to be held accountable.

When we will this nation become
pro-active instead of re-active?

6 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, September 08, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

I am here too..always...:)

Love you,
Sarah

 
At 10:56 AM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I won't comment on Bush as he is not my leader, but I am still here, still reading and still grateful to know you and share your thoughts and opinions.

Hugs

Julie

 
At 12:17 PM, September 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here, I don't get easily offended! I don't often post, but I wanted you to know, I HEAR YA!!

 
At 1:19 PM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Karen said...

sorry, I have been gone all week.
just getting caught up on blog reading today.
I am here, and I hear you.
I think everyone is feeling the same things right now.
hugs,
Karen

 
At 7:28 PM, September 08, 2005, Blogger A Flowered Purse said...

you haven't offended me, i have been so depressed lately i havent been by or even blogged really. In the blog world i have seen you have to go comment first then get a comment kinda like a game of tag.
Kinda weird but ya know
Hugs and have ag reat weekend
Love
di

 
At 6:49 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger author said...

I think everyone was depressed, my comments went way down too.
I too couldn't visit others blogs or comment without crying so I stayed away, watched too much news and cried anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home