Monday, January 30, 2006

Well, it's been a long time since I have blogged. Too long I think, I wonder if anyone ever comes by anymore.
I have been dealing with my father and his illness, not well I might add. He is very sick, lost almost 15 pounds and was never ever overweight. He has had the treatments and now is really sick. I have surfed, searched and read, tried to find help for him, tried to take him to the hospital a few weeks back, he refused to go. We are all crying so much, I think about him constantly, hoping that this will work, that will make him better. Nothing.......
I have a teenager that I live with, this has been quite fun---- NOT! It seems like everyday it is something else that she has said or done. Same shit different day.
My work is good, I enjoy the flower shop and now have become her part time help. It is just a few hours per week, I am still at the production company too.
I went to see a play last weekend Smoky Joes Cafe in Lancaster NY. My friends nephew is studying to be an actor and Niagara University and got a his first paying gig! There were 8 people in the show, 4 females, 4 males and they all did great! I did not know it was all music, no dialogue, but had a great time!

4 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, January 31, 2006, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

I was just getting ready to come over here and complain about how you have not blogged in so long...lol!!! It's good to see your posts again.

I am deeply sorry about your dad. Sickness and illnesses blow. I hope that he gets to feeling better soon. And your daughter...hang in there...teenaged years are the pits..for both kid and parent!
If you need anything let me know..I am just a phone call and e-mail away. I love ya!

Love,
Sarah

 
At 6:50 AM, February 02, 2006, Blogger The Mad Hatter said...

Hi, I have just discovered your blog.
Im sorry to hear about your dad, Im sort of in the same boat, with my mum.
Take care

 
At 10:41 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Nancy said...

Lisa, I am so sorry about your father. It is so hard when our parents get sick. We kind of turn into the parents and it is such a difficult time. Maybe blogging can help you get some of your feelings out and you will feel a little better.

Teens can be a pain huh? I have one who will be 13 in two days and the other one is 14. Hang in there.

Just know that we are here and even if you don't have time to blog. I will still come by to see how you are doing and if you have posted anything. Please remember to take care of yourself too!

Hugs,
Nancy

 
At 5:27 PM, February 10, 2006, Blogger tsduff said...

I empathize with you about your dad. My boyfriend's father just passed last week after a 6 month downhill slide. Very hard time.

Just give him your support, tell him you love him, and take care of yourself as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home