Friday, September 09, 2005

Growing Pains

On Tuesday night I realized I didn't have all of Ricky's school supplies. I ran out to Office Depot and did so well! Find almost everything he needed. When I got back I called him down from upstairs,

"Come on buddy, I need your help"

He comes downstairs, "what's up Mom?" I told him I had all of his supplies and we needed to label everything. So we finished up and got his backpack ready, I told him, "OK now you have to get in the shower and get in bed, I'll have to wake you up at 7am tomorrow."

"WHY?" he asked me......"uuu you have school tomorrow."

That shocked look on his face and then the tears came......"Oh little man, didn't you know?"

"Well, I knew summer was coming to an end, I just didn't know it was today"

So he got in the shower and we got him into bed, the next morning, more tears before going out for the bus.

"Ricky, what's wrong? You have the same teacher and everyone in your class will be the same from last year." I comforted him and he got on the bus.

Yesterday when he came home from school the first thing he said to me was,

"Mom, I need boxers, and I need boxers today so I can wear them tomorrow"

"Why, what's going on?"

"I have gym tomorrow, ya know 5th grade gym, you have to change your clothes and tighty whiteys WILL NOT WORK!!!! "

I took him over to Target and got him his boxers and deodorant, one moment a small boy, the next a young man.

4 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Poor Sarah was a bit in shock to find out school was back on again too.. course we really only DID have a day's notice LOL

Cute on the boxers ;)

Hugs

Julie

 
At 10:22 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger SassyFemme said...

LOL at the tighty whiteys comment!

 
At 8:40 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger Karen said...

man, they grow up so fast don't they?

hugs,
Karen

 
At 6:48 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger author said...

LOl how cute !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home