Sunday, September 11, 2005

Saving Myself

I took advice from Sarah at the The Rose and decied I must do something to help! I visted nola.com and read all the messages from people.

I scrolled through the hundreds of names of people being sought by their loved ones and then went to the red cross site and cnn.com. I can't believe it but I helped!!! A woman in Miami was looking for her neice who fled New Orleans. I found the woman listed on the self registration, she was safe and staying at a VFW in Northern Lousiania. I emailed the woman and sent her the link to her nieces information. I was sky high!!!

Then I made myself the most awesome T-Shirt that I absolutely love!!! It made me so happy I wore it yesterday and still have it on now! I will get a picture of me in it soon and post it!

3 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, September 11, 2005, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Lisa,
I am so glad that you took the time to help these families out. You know what? For me to help reunite families was so much more rewarding that donating money to the Red Cross...it made me feel like I have a hand in the action of helping, even miles away! Thank you for taking the time to help reunite a family...your actions will never be forgotten.

Love you,
Sarah

 
At 8:24 AM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WTG Lisa!!!! Every person makes a difference and you sure made a difference today!!!

Proud to know ya...

Julie

 
At 8:41 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger Karen said...

good for you :)

hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home